Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Luke 2:11-12
We arrived at Main Street Bethlehem at 5:10ish and got in line ready to have a ‘Bethlehem’ experience! I was excited that so many had never been before, it just makes it so fun! The Bethlehem bread was delish- as usual! (okay, I admit, I went back 3x). The recipe for Bethlehem Bread is on First Baptist Church Burnet’s website http://www.fbcburnet.org/mainstreetbethlehem.htm ! Let me know if you’re going to try to make it, I can help be a tester just to make sure it’s right! : )
If you have never gone, I encourage you to bring your family. Next weekend on Friday – Sunday from 6:00pm – 9:00pm. It’s worth the wait to get in line early! The kids had a blast and I had quite a few thank me for taking them and how much they loved it!
We had dinner in Burnet and have arrived late so as we’re shutting down for the evening we’re reading over the Christmas story in Luke chapter 2 or Matthew chapter 2. We’ll be discussing the people involved and their reaction to the story, our reaction to the story and how we can share that story with others just being who God created us to be.
First thing after breakfast we’ll be heading to Meals on Wheels in Burnet and then singing Christmas Carols and visiting Granite Mesa Nursing Rehab Home in Marble Falls! In the afternoon we’ll do a little raking for some people that just have a hard time doing that! Tomorrow evening we’ll do some prayer walking and enjoying the trail of lights and of course a side trip to Starbucks!
This is a great group of kids and I’m excited to work alongside of them!
- They will get a sense of the need that others have.
- They will be moved with compassions when they hear about how people sit and wait for that meal to show up from Meals on Wheels.
- They will realize that singing Christmas Carols at the nursing home is no little thing… young people bring ‘life’ into a room and that life is ‘Jesus’
- There are those that need others to ‘rake a lawn’ because it get difficult when the weather begins to change and it’s easy for them to get sick… help from others is a big deal!
- Pray they will begin to think of ways they can bless others – without them knowing it was them – to realize that to bless others and not get recognized for it – it’s good!
- Pray that the students appreciate one another – for who they are – that’s a big deal too!
Thank you for allowing your student to come!